First Class NYC Aesthetic Medical Spa
At Spine and Sports Medicine, we steadfastly uphold our stellar reputation for exceeding every patient’s expectation of whole body wellness. By introducing a first class Aesthetic Medical Spa, we continue striving to provide our patients with cost-effective Multidisciplinary Therapeutic Care.
We are committed to not only hearing our patients – but listening to them.
We perform as an integral participant in your rehabilitation and wellness regimen.
Our Multidisciplinary Health Care Team delivers superior aesthetic medical services in one convenient Midtown Manhattan location.
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections
- Stem Cell Injections
- Aesthetic Medical Spa Services
These cutting-edge services provide our patients with whole body wellness through alternative and holistic treatments when conventional treatment fails.
- Convenient hours
We are one of a handful of pain management providers in the United States specializing in the treatment of chronic and acute injuries using PRP therapy.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections
We specialize in the treatment of chronic and acute injuries using PRP therapy. PRP therapy is the injection of a high concentration of blood platelets and other growth factors into the site of injury. This therapy stimulates new cellular production for natural healing.
PRP therapy has been used in operating rooms for several decades to promote wound healing and to stimulate bone formation in spinal fusion surgery. PRP is currently being successfully used in Dermatology, Plastic Surgery, Gynecology, Fertility, Dentistry, Orthopedics, Sports Medicine, and Pain Management.
How PRP Works
Platelet cells are injected into the site of injury with the purpose of releasing growth factors that allow the body to heal itself. PRP therapy repairs damaged tissues and reduces inflammation.
Platelet cells target the injury site and release growth factors that stimulate the production of new cells. Growth factors are chemicals signaling the body to initiate and speed up the healing process. Damaged tissue is replaced through the regenerative effect of growth factors.
New cellular growth encourages the regeneration of:
- Blood vessels
- Connective tissue
PRP therapy is performed in office at Spine and Sports Medicine and the procedure usually takes about 30 minutes.
- A high concentration of the patient’s PRP is prepared with a blood draw into a specialized test tube
- The test tube is placed in a centrifuge which separates white blood cells from the red blood cells, resulting in a high concentration of platelets and plasma (growth factors)
- After centrifugation, the highly concentrated platelet rich fraction is removed from the separator tube and prepared for injection
- The patient is sedated intravenously
- The physician administers the PRP injection into the area of injury
Common Orthopedic Conditions Treated
PRP therapy is used to treat common chronic and acute injuries.
Stem Cell Injections
Surgery may be avoidable by repairing chronic and acute injuries through less invasive cell-based injections. Stem cells are used to stimulate the growth of human tissues. This therapy initiates a regenerative response that speeds up the healing process. Stem cell injection is an alternative healing and pain management option.
- Chronic joint pain
- Meniscus Tear
- Chronic knee cartilage degeneration
- Arthritic shoulder
The primary role of adult stem cells is to maintain healthy tissue and initiate the healing of damaged tissue. This is accomplished by replenishing dying or damaged cells. Stem cell injections locate the damaged cartilage and initiate repair and regeneration.
How Stem Cells Work
Stem cells are special cells having the ability to multiply and self-renew. These cells have the ability to replicate into specialized types forming tissue in the body.
- Cartilage cells
- Muscle cells
- Nerve cells
Cell-Based Treatment Procedure
A high concentration of stem cells are harvested from the patient’s fat tissue and injected into the area of injury.
- Stem cells are aspirated from a fat source while the patient is under intravenous sedation
- Harvested cells are prepared for injection using an advanced separation and centrifugation process
- The prepared stem cells are injected using live X-Ray guidance
Benefits of Stem Cell Injections
A study has demonstrated the benefits of stem cell injection therapy.
- Less invasive than traditional surgery
- Performed as an outpatient procedure
- Provides pain relief
- Reduces inflammation
- Causes minimal tissue damage
- Improves cartilage quality
- Quick recovery time
- Requires less pain medication post-procedure
- Cost-efficient vs. surgery expense
Aesthetic Medical Spa
Our Aesthetic Medical Spa offers a vast array of alternative treatments for improving every client’s whole body wellness and self-image. We offer cost-effective advanced medical procedures that provide optimum results with minimal to no downtime.
Cutting-Edge Aesthetic Medical Procedures
- Botox®Cosmetic is an injectable medication used to temporarily reduce the appearance of severe forehead lines, crow’s feet lines, and frown lines between eyebrows
- Dermal injectable fillers help to diminish facial lines – restoring volume and fullness in the face
- Non-surgical face lift injectables and laser resurfacing treatments do not require incisions
- Skin rejuvenation and resurfacing treatments using laser and intense pulse light, chemical peels, laser or dermabrasion
- Non-surgical hair restoration using low level laser therapy (LLLT)
- Micro-needling hair restoration to trigger the production of new cells
- Anti-aging facials include glycolic acid treatments, collagen-infused serums, and hyaluronic acid products
- Non-surgical vein removal using Sclerotherapy, Endovenous Laser Therapy (EVLT), RadioFrequecy Ablation (RFA)
- GAINSWave – A non-invasive procedure (neurogenesis) to boost sexual performance by improving penis blood flow through pulse waves
Located in Midtown Manhattan, Spine and Sports Medicine is comprised of highly educated, state licensed and clinically experienced professionals who want to help you look and feel your best. We specialize in a Multidisciplinary Therapeutic Approach to providing whole body wellness.