Your headaches may be the result of physical or emotional stress and come in the form of migraine, cluster, or tension. The headache pain you are feeling is unwanted and disturbs your quality of life. Acupuncture plays a critical role in headache pain management by bringing energy circulation to your area of discomfort – reducing your discomfort. Acupuncture works in sync with our Multidisciplinary Therapies to expedite the time that you will feel relief.
Professional acupuncture treatment is a pain management tool recognized by the World Health Organization and the National Institutes for Health. During your initial visit, our acupuncture specialist at Spine and Sports Medicine will comprehensively review your health history and obtain a solid understanding of your health issues.
Acupuncture treatment involves:
- Thin needles are inserted at various depths, depending upon the patient’s diagnosed medical condition
- The patient’s skin in targeted areas of pain – the head, torso, limbs and extremities
- There are 350 acupuncture points in the human body
- The body’s energy pathways are accessed through the insertion of small, thin needles in targeted areas of discomfort to release or redirect the body’s energy
- Through acupuncture therapy, the body is brought back into its proper balance
Acupuncture points are located on meridians through which qi vital energy runs. A healthy body is the result of a harmonious balance of the life force known by traditional Chinese medicine as qi or chi – energies flowing through pathways within the body.
Acupuncture Works in Sync with a Multidisciplinary Approach
Therapeutic pain relief treatment through acupuncture helps to circulate energy to your targeted area of discomfort.
- Pain relief
- Relief from nausea due to pregnancy and chemotherapy
- Increasing motor range of motion
- Expediting recovery time
Acupuncture is a vital component of a multidisciplinary therapeutic practice treating:
- Chronic pain
- Acute pain
- Neurological disorders
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Joint pain
At Spine and Sports Medicine, we incorporate acupuncture as a vital component of our Multidisciplinary Approach.
Frequency of Acupuncture Treatment
The frequency of your acupuncture treatments will depend on:
- The severity of your medical condition
- The intensity of your pain
- The length of time you have been experiencing your medical condition
After gauging your pain relief response to the first treatment, the frequency of treatments will be determined by the acupuncturist. For optimum results, one to two treatments per week initially will create the momentum in treatment you need to obtain lasting results. As your condition improves, acupuncture therapy will be scheduled less frequently to allow for combining other recommended therapeutic treatment.
One-Stop Pain Management and Rehabilitation Center
Spine and Sports Medicine is Multidisciplinary Therapeutic center providing a vast array of pain management services within one convenient Midtown Manhattan location. Our cutting edge facility invites patients into a first class, spa-like environment with warm and inviting décor.
We offer a vast array of appointment availability at a time convenient for you.
- 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Off-hours for scheduling appointments
- Selected evenings appointments throughout the work week
- Mornings or afternoons on Saturdays
Click the icon below – or – call 212.986.3888 to schedule a consultation.