Cost-effective shoulder pain treatment is made possible through a Multidisciplinary Therapeutic Approach at Spine and Sports Medicine in NYC. We know how to treat shoulder injury and pain cost-effectively. Our multidisciplinary approach incorporates state-of-the-art:
- Medical technology
- Healthcare expertise
- Comprehensive physical therapy
Return to a pain-free and active lifestyle today.
Cost-Effective Shoulder Pain Treatment
The insurance experts at Spine and Sports Medicine will help you to determine your coverage and assist in processing your claims. When insurance coverage for shoulder pain treatment is not available – or is limited – a breakdown of physical therapy costs at Spine and Sports Medicine is as follows:
- $250 for your initial consultation with one of our Drs. of Physical Therapy
- $150 per physical therapy session
- Payment plans
Insurance Coverage for Physical Therapy
Spine and Sports Medicine has insurance experts on staff to help you process all out-of-network patient insurance claims.
- No requirement for an outside referral
- Most out-of-network insurance providers are accepted at Spine and Sports Medicine
- All insurance coverage and deductibles will be verified through our insurance processing experts
- Insureds facing a substantial deductible will be offered a payment plan designed to meet individual budget needs
Common Causes of Shoulder Pain
If you are experiencing stiffness in the shoulder joint you should seek medical attention sooner rather than later to prevent permanent stiffness. Frozen Shoulder is a persistently stiff and painful condition. You need prompt and effective treatment. Reach out to the Multidisciplinary Therapeutic Team at Spine and Sports Medicine in Midtown Manhattan. Delaying treatment will only worsen your pain and injury.
Also known as adhesive capsulitis – the diagnosis of frozen shoulder is often confused with arthritis. This is a common condition in which the shoulder stiffens and reduces mobility.
Frozen shoulder affects the specific shoulder joint of people between the ages of 40 and 60.
- It can affect one or both shoulders
- Symptoms include persistent pain and stiffness in the upper shoulder joint
Diagnosing Frozen Shoulder
At Spine and Sports Medicine, one of our Doctors of Physical Therapy will conduct diagnostic testing to determine the cause of your shoulder pain. Only a licensed Doctor of Physical Therapy has the ability to diagnose and treat frozen shoulder. An accurate diagnosis is crucial to a successful treatment plan.
Simple Crossover Arm Stretch
- Holding the upper arm of the affect shoulder
- Gently pull the arm across in front of you, under the chin
- Hold for 30 seconds
- Relax and repeat
- Stand with shoulders relaxed
- Lean forward with the hand of the unaffected arm resting on a table
- Let the affected arm drop and hang down vertically
- Swing the affected arm in a small circle – 1 foot in diameter
- Increase the diameter over several days as you gain strength
- Grab both ends of a towel behind your back
- With your good arm, pull the towel
- Your affected arm will move up toward your shoulder
- Repeat about 10 to 20 times per day
Effective physical therapy at Spine and Sport Medicine.
- Manual – hands on – Therapy
- Therapeutic Exercises
- High Tech Exercises
- High Tough Exercises
- Weight Resistance Exercises
- Postural Corrections
- Tailored Home Exercise Program
Gold Standard Pain Management
Beneficial pain management treatment methods at Spine and Sports Medicine.
- Moist Heat Application
- Ice Application
- Medical Massage
One-Stop Shoulder Pain Treatment in NYC
At Spine and Sports Medicine in Midtown Manhattan, we offer a vast array of convenient appointment availability.
- 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Off-hours for scheduling appointments
- Selected evenings appointments throughout the work week
- Mornings or afternoons on Saturdays
Click the icon below – or – call 212.986.3888 to schedule a consultation.