Also known as adhesive capsulitis – the diagnosis of frozen shoulder is often confused with arthritis. This is a common condition in which the shoulder stiffens and reduces mobility. If you are experiencing a persistently stiff and painful shoulder condition – you need prompt and effective treatment. Reach out to the Multidisciplinary Frozen Shoulder Team at Spine and Sports Medicine in NYC’s Midtown Manhattan. Delaying treatment will only worsen your pain and injury.
Frozen shoulder affects the specific shoulder joint of people between the ages of 40 and 60.
- It can affect one or both shoulders
- Symptoms include persistent pain and stiffness in the upper shoulder joint
Diagnosing Frozen Shoulder
At Spine and Sports Medicine, one of our Doctors of Physical Therapy will conduct diagnostic testing to determine the cause of your shoulder pain. Only a licensed Doctor of Physical Therapy has the ability to diagnose and treat frozen shoulder. An accurate diagnosis is crucial to a successful treatment plan.
Simple Crossover Arm Stretch
- Holding the upper arm of the affect shoulder
- Gently pull the arm across in front of you, under the chin
- Hold for 30 seconds
- Relax and repeat
- Stand with shoulders relaxed
- Lean forward with the hand of the unaffected arm resting on a table
- Let the affected arm drop and hang down vertically
- Swing the affected arm in a small circle – 1 foot in diameter
- Increase the diameter over several days as you gain strength
- Grab both ends of a towel behind your back
- With your good arm, pull the towel
- Your affected arm will move up toward your shoulder
- Repeat about 10 to 20 times per day
Effective physical therapy at Spine and Sport Medicine.
- Manual – hands on – Therapy
- Therapeutic Exercises
- High Tech Exercises
- High Tough Exercises
- Weight Resistance Exercises
- Postural Corrections
- Tailored Home Exercise Program
Gold Standard Pain Management
Beneficial pain management treatment methods at Spine and Sports Medicine.
- Moist Heat Application
- Ice Application
- Medical Massage
Physical Therapy for Frozen Shoulder in NYC
Discover the best physical therapy for a frozen shoulder in NYC. We offer a vast array of appointment availability at a time convenient for you.
- 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Off-hours for scheduling appointments
- Selected evenings appointments throughout the work week
- Mornings or afternoons on Saturdays
Click the icon below – or – call 212.986.3888 to schedule a consultation.