Has your minor knee pain turned into a constant problem that is effecting your quality of life? If so, it’s time to reach out to the Multidisciplinary Therapeutic Team at Spine and Sports Medicine. You don’t have to be a runner to suffer from Runner’s Knee – patellofemoral syndrome. A popping or grinding sensation may be felt and heard in your knee. This is the most common symptom of Runner’s Knee. Runner’s Knee is a term used to describe swelling around the knee coupled with pain.
Runner’s Knee Pain
Some activities associated with Runner’s Knee:
- Bending knee while walking
- Walking up or down steps or hills
- Squatting or kneeling
- Rising from a chair
Most people have experienced minor knee pain from:
- Everyday wear and tear
- Awkward movements or pivots or sudden twists
- Overuse in work-related tasks or home projects
- Injury during sports or recreational activities
- Sudden injury – trauma, falls, collisions
- Underlying condition: arthritis, bursitis, tendonitis, gout
- Sprain, strain, or dislocation of the kneecap
- Hip injury
Multidisciplinary Sports Medicine Treatment
The celebrated Multidisciplinary Sports Medicine Team at Spine and Sports Medicine work together to treat a vast array of sports injuries. We design sports medicine programs for athletes with the goal of promoting a fast and cost-effective path to complete and permanent recovery.
The common goal of knee pain treatment is to break the inflammation cycle and strengthen the joint. When the underlying cause of inflammation is not resolved, the knee may suffer additional injury causing permanent damage.
Our Multidisciplinary Approach to sports medicine encompasses:
- Neurological Diagnostic Testing (EMG/NCV)
- Chiropractic Care
- Physical Therapy
- Sports Medicine
Advanced high tech/high touch exercises will increase your athletic:
Other sports medicine therapies include:
- Electrical stimulation
- Medical massage
Our Doctors of Sports Medicine licensing, training, and clinical experience covers:
- Exercise Physiology
One-Stop Sports Medicine Center
Spine and Sports Medicine is a multidisciplinary therapeutic center providing complete sports medicine services within one convenient Midtown Manhattan location. Our cutting edge facility invites patients into a first class, spa-like environment with warm and inviting décor.
We offer a vast array of appointment availability at a time convenient for you.
- 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Off-hours for scheduling appointments
- Selected evenings appointments throughout the work week
- Mornings or afternoons on Saturdays
Click the icon below – or – call 212.986.3888 to schedule a consultation.