For your ACL tear to heal properly, Physical Therapy is essential both before and after ACL surgery. The Multidisciplinary Therapeutic Treatment Team at spine_and_sports_medicine have the specialization to stabilize and rehabilitate your torn ACL.
The ACL is an important internal stabilizer of the knee joint – restraining hyperextension – the injury resulting when its biomechanical limits are exceeded/over-stretched. If instability of the knee persists – especially rotary instability – progressive and degenerative arthritis of the knee will ensue.
Only a premier Doctor of Physical Therapy has the ability to diagnose and treat an ACL tear. If your ACL injury is not diagnosed properly, the best treatment will be worthless.
ACL Tear Diagnosis
A correct diagnosis of an ACL tear requires:
- Expert physical examination of the knee
- Analysis of the patient’s medical history
- Explanation and assessment of the circumstances surrounding the cause of the injury
Partial or complete tear of the ACL, can occur over time or immediately.
- Repetitive swiveling on the knee
- Sudden blows to the knee
ACL Physical Therapy
Premier Physical Therapy at Spine and Sport Medicine.
- Manual – hands on – Therapy
- Therapeutic Exercises
- High Tech Exercises
- High Tough Exercises
- Weight Resistance Exercises
- Postural Corrections
- Tailored Home Exercise Program
Gold Standard Pain Management
Beneficial pain management treatment methods at spine_and_sports_medicine.
- Moist Heat Application
- Ice Application
- Medical Massage
One-Stop ACL Physical Therapy in NYC
Discover convenient and affordable physical therapy within the warm and inviting spa-like environment at spine_and_sports_medicine. We offer a vast array of appointment availability at a time convenient for you.
- 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Off-hours for scheduling appointments
- Selected evenings appointments throughout the work week
- Mornings or afternoons on Saturdays
spine_and_sports_medicine provides a vast array of therapies within one convenient Midtown Manhattan location. Please click the icon below to schedule your initial consultation at a time convenient for you – or – call 212.986.3888.