Therapeutic pain relief treatment through acupuncture helps to circulate energy to your targeted area of discomfort. Acupuncture is a traditional Chinese medicine incorporated with Western medicine to create a Multidisciplinary Approach to Pain Management. A healthy body is the result of a harmonious balance of the life force known as qi or chi – energies flowing through pathways within the body.
Professional acupuncture treatment is a pain management tool recognized by the World Health Organization and the National Institutes for Health. Acupuncture is a vital component of a multidisciplinary therapeutic practice treating:
Acupuncture treatment involves:
- Thin needles are inserted at various depths, depending upon the patient’s diagnosed medical condition
- The patient’s skin in targeted areas of pain – the head, torso, limbs and extremities
- There are 350 acupuncture points in the human body
- The body’s energy pathways are accessed through the insertion of small, thin needles in targeted areas of discomfort to release or redirect the body’s energy
Through acupuncture therapy, the body is brought back into its proper balance
Multidisciplinary Therapeutic Team Approach
At spine_and_sports_medicine, we incorporate acupuncture as a vital component of our Multidisciplinary Therapeutic Team Approach to pain management.
Frequency of Acupuncture Treatment
The frequency of your acupuncture treatments will depend on:
- The severity of your medical condition
- The intensity of your pain
- The length of time you have been experiencing your medical condition
After gauging your body’s response to the first treatment, the frequency of treatments will be determined by the acupuncturist. For optimum results, one to two treatments per week initially will create the momentum in treatment you need to obtain lasting results. As your condition improves, acupuncture therapy will be scheduled less frequently to allow for combining other recommended therapeutic treatment.
One-Stop Pain Management Center
spine_and_sports_medicine is Multidisciplinary Therapeutic center providing a vast array of pain management services within one convenient Midtown Manhattan location. Our cutting edge facility invites patients into a first class, spa-like environment with warm and inviting décor.
We offer a vast array of appointment availability at a time convenient for you.
- 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Off-hours for scheduling appointments
- Selected evenings appointments throughout the work week
- Mornings or afternoons on Saturdays
Click the icon below – or – call 212.986.3888 to schedule a consultation.