Myopathy is a disease of muscle tissue. Myopathies are neuromuscular disorders causing muscle weakness due to dysfunction of muscle fiber.
Symptoms of Myopathy
- Muscle Cramps
Classifications of Myopathies
- Congenital myopathies – delay in motor skills, skeletal and facial abnormalities
- Muscular dystrophies – progressive weakness in voluntary muscles
- Mitochondrial myopathies – genetic abnormalities cellular structures controlling energy
- Glycogen storage diseases of muscle – mutations in genes controlling enzymes metabolizing glycogen and glucose
- Myoglobinurias – disorders in the metabolism of fuel necessary for muscle work
- Dermatomyositis – inflammatory myopathy of skin and muscle
- Myositis ossificans – bone growth in muscle tissue
- Familial periodic paralysis – episodes of weakness in the arms and legs
- Polymyositis – inflammatory myopathies of skeletal muscle
- Neuromyotonia – alternating episodes of twitching and stiffness
- Stiff-man syndrome – episodes of rigidity and reflex spasm
- Common muscle cramps and stiffness (tetany) – prolonged spasms of the arms and legs
Multidisciplinary Therapeutic Treatment for Pain
The Multidisciplinary Team at Spine and Sports Medicine will design a treatment plan specifically tailored to treat myopathy and increase your quality of life. The painful and debilitating symptoms of myopathy can be relieved through:
At Spine and Sports Medicine, effective treatment of myopathy can be achieved through a Multidisciplinary Therapeutic Team Approach.
- Manual – hands on – Therapy
- Therapeutic Exercises
- High Tech Exercises
- High Touch Exercises
- Weight Resistance Exercises
- Postural Corrections
- Tailored Home Exercise Program
Gold Standard Pain Management
Other highly effective pain management treatment methods at Spine and Sports Medicine include:
- Medical Massage
Medical Insurance Coverage for Myopathy Therapeutic Treatment
At Spine and Sports Medicine, there is no requirement for you to obtain an outside primary physician referral to have the cost of myopathy treatment covered by your insurance plan. Most insurance plans cover the cost of treating the painful and debilitating symptoms stemming from myopathies. Our insurance experts will help you to determine your coverage and assist in processing your claims.
Multidisciplinary Therapeutic Treatment in One Convenient Location
Discover effective treatment of myopathy provided by a multidisciplinary therapeutic practice in one convenient Midtown Manhattan location – at Madison Avenue and 40th Street.
Reach out to the multidisciplinary team of pain management experts at Spine and Sports Medicine by clicking below – or – call 212.986.3888.