Also known as adhesive capsulitis – the diagnosis of frozen shoulder is often confused with arthritis. This is a common condition in which the shoulder stiffens and reduces mobility. If you are experiencing a persistently stiff and painful shoulder condition – you need prompt and effective treatment. Reach out to the Multidisciplinary Frozen Shoulder Team at spine_and_sports_medicine in NYC’s Midtown Manhattan. Delaying treatment will only worsen your pain and injury.
Frozen shoulder affects the specific shoulder joint of people between the ages of 40 and 60.
- It can affect one or both shoulders
- Symptoms include persistent pain and stiffness in the upper shoulder joint
Diagnosing Frozen Shoulder
At spine_and_sports_medicine, one of our Doctors of Physical Therapy will conduct diagnostic testing to determine the cause of your shoulder pain. Only a licensed Doctor of Physical Therapy has the ability to diagnose and treat frozen shoulder. An accurate diagnosis is crucial to a successful treatment plan.
Simple Crossover Arm Stretch
- Holding the upper arm of the affect shoulder
- Gently pull the arm across in front of you, under the chin
- Hold for 30 seconds
- Relax and repeat
- Stand with shoulders relaxed
- Lean forward with the hand of the unaffected arm resting on a table
- Let the affected arm drop and hang down vertically
- Swing the affected arm in a small circle – 1 foot in diameter
- Increase the diameter over several days as you gain strength
- Grab both ends of a towel behind your back
- With your good arm, pull the towel
- Your affected arm will move up toward your shoulder
- Repeat about 10 to 20 times per day
Effective physical therapy at Spine and Sport Medicine.
- Manual – hands on – Therapy
- Therapeutic Exercises
- High Tech Exercises
- High Tough Exercises
- Weight Resistance Exercises
- Postural Corrections
- Tailored Home Exercise Program
Gold Standard Pain Management
Beneficial pain management treatment methods at spine_and_sports_medicine.
- Moist Heat Application
- Ice Application
- Medical Massage
Physical Therapy for Frozen Shoulder in NYC
Discover the best physical therapy for a frozen shoulder in NYC. We offer a vast array of appointment availability at a time convenient for you.
- 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Off-hours for scheduling appointments
- Selected evenings appointments throughout the work week
- Mornings or afternoons on Saturdays
Click the icon below – or – call 212.986.3888 to schedule a consultation.