Only a Multidisciplinary Therapeutic Team offers premier hand and wrist pain treatment. An accurate diagnosis of the cause of your pain is crucial to designing a comprehensive and effective treatment plan. To provide premier hand and wrist pain, our Multidisciplinary Team works in unison to correctly diagnose the underlying cause of your discomfort.
Causes of Hand and Wrist Pain
Every pain management plan at spine_and_sports_medicine includes a thorough understanding of a patient’s lifestyle, activities and symptoms.
Hand and wrist pain is typically the result of:
- Everyday wear and tear and/or overuse of the hands and wrists
- The natural aging process
- Sports-related injuries
Symptoms of Hand and Wrist Pain
- Hot Sensation
- Cold Sensation
- Finger Pain
Medical Conditions Causing Hand and Wrist Pain
Some underlying medical problems causing wrist and hand pain:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Pressure on the wrist’s median nerve causing tingling, numbness, weakness, and pain of the fingers and hand.
- Dupuytren’s Disease. A thickening of the tissue beneath the skin in the palm of the hand. Palmar fascia – the thickened skin and tendons – limit hand movement or prevent the fingers from straightening.
- Ganglion Cysts. Small sacs filled with clear, jellylike fluid and appearing as bumps on the wrists and hands.
- Tendon Pain. Tendinosis – small tears in the tissue around the tendon – decreasing strength and movement in the wrist and hand.
- Repetitive Motion Syndrome. Pain, swelling, tenderness resulting from repeating the same movement over and over. Also known as writer’s cramp. Pain caused by repeated hand or finger motion – writing or typing.
Customized Hand and Wrist Pain Treatment Plan
A customized hand and wrist pain treatment plan is designed to:
- Relieve pain
- Restore performance and mobility
- Optimize overall health and wellness
- Improve quality of life
Multidisciplinary Therapeutic Treatment
Our Multidisciplinary Therapeutic Services encompass:
All-Encompassing Hand and Wrist Pain Treatment
Our cutting edge modalities and techniques:
- Manual – hands on – Therapy
- Therapeutic Exercises
- High Tech Exercises
- High Tough Exercises
- Weight Resistance Exercises
- Postural Corrections
- Tailored Home Exercise Program
One-Stop Hand and Wrist Pain Treatment
Discover convenient hand and wrist pain treatment within the warm and inviting spa-like environment at spine_and_sports_medicine.
We offer a vast array of appointment availability at a time convenient for you.
- 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Off-hours for scheduling appointments
- Selected evenings appointments throughout the work week
- Mornings or afternoons on Saturdays
spine_and_sports_medicine is pain management center providing a vast array of treatment modalities within one convenient Midtown Manhattan location. Please click the icon below to schedule your initial consultation at a time convenient for you – or – call 212.986.3888.