Accurately diagnosing the cause of your hip pain is crucial. Without knowing the underlying cause of your hip pain – any treatment plan will be ineffective. To effectively treat your hip pain, our Multidisciplinary Therapeutic Team works in unison to correctly diagnose the underlying cause of your discomfort.
Common Causes of Hip Pain
Our pain management specialists arrive at a correct diagnosis of the cause of your hip pain after conducting an evaluation of your lifestyle, activities, and symptoms.
- Injury or trauma: falling on the outside of the hip
- Repetitive pressure on the hip: excessive biking, running, standing
- Age and gender: women in over the age of 40 are more prone to hip pain than are men
- Rheumatoid arthritis and gout: inflammation in the hip
- Everyday wear and tear and/or overuse of the hip
- The natural aging process
- Sports-related injuries
- Poor structural problems (for example, a short leg)
- Arthritic condition
- Congenital abnormality
Symptoms of Hip Pain
- Sharp pain at the outside of the lower hip
- Ache at the outside of the lower hip, extending to the groin area
- Pain worsening after sleep or being seated for an extended period
- Pain intensifying after repetitive hip movements – walking, jogging, stair climbing
- Hip tenderness when lying down on the affected hip
- Radiating pain from the lower hip down the outside of the thigh, back, buttock or groin
- Pain during extreme rotation of the hip
Multidisciplinary Therapeutic Treatment
Our Multidisciplinary Therapeutic Services encompass:
- Chiropractic Care
- Physical Therapy
- Sports Medicine
- Medical Massage
All-Encompassing Hip Pain Management
Our cutting-edge modalities and techniques.
- Manual – hands on – Therapy
- Therapeutic Exercises
- High Tech Exercises
- High Tough Exercises
- Weight Resistance Exercises
- Postural Corrections
- Tailored Home Exercise Program
Out-of-Network Insurance Benefits
At spine_and_sports_medicine, there is no requirement for you to obtain an outside primary physician referral to have the cost of your hip pain diagnosis and treatment covered by your medical insurance policy. Most PPOs have out-of-network benefits allowing insurance coverage for doctors not listed in your insurer’s directory. The insurance experts at spine_and_sports_medicine will help you to determine your coverage and assist in processing your claims.
One-Stop Hip Pain Diagnosis and Treatment
Discover convenient hip pain diagnosis and treatment within the warm and inviting spa-like environment at spine_and_sports_medicine.
We offer a vast array of appointment availability at a time convenient for you.
- 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Off-hours for scheduling appointments
- Selected evenings appointments throughout the work week
- Mornings or afternoons on Saturdays
spine_and_sports_medicine is a pain management center providing a vast array of treatment modalities within one convenient Midtown Manhattan location. Please click the icon below to schedule your initial consultation at a time convenient for you – or – call 212.986.3888.