If you are experiencing persistent neck pain continuing for more than a week, you must find top notch physical therapy immediately. At spine_and_sports_medicine, we will accurately identify the source of your neck pain. Once our Multidisciplinary Neck Pain Management Team arrives at a diagnosis, a cost-effective pain management plan will be implemented.
Persistent Neck Pain Physical Therapy
Poor posture or overuse is the cause of neck pain in many cases. Every pain management plan at spine_and_sports_medicine includes a thorough understanding of every patient’s lifestyle, activities and symptoms.
Causes of Neck Pain
The neck is comprised of vertebrae extending from the skull to upper torso. Cervical discs absorb shock between vertebrae bones. Sudden inflammation or injury cause neck pain and stiffness. The bones, ligaments and muscles of your neck support your head and allow for its range of motion.
- Poor posture
- Improper exercise form
- Working at a desk for too long without adjusting position
- Repeated motion of your arm above your head
- Sleeping with your neck in an awkward position
- Sudden jerking of your neck during exercise, household duty, or blow
- Degenerative disc disease
- Herniated disc
Symptoms of Neck Pain
Pain is symptomatic of the neck’s structure. There are seven vertebrae comprising the bony building blocks of the spine in the neck. The cervical vertebrae surrounds the spinal cord and canal. Between these vertebrae are discs and nerves of the neck.
- Dull aching
- Worsening with movement of the neck
- Sharp shooting pain
Other symptoms of neck pain resulting from pinched nerves.
- Facial pain
- Shoulder pain
- Arm numbness
- Arm tingling
Multidisciplinary Team Approach to Neck Pain Management
The least invasive approach to alleviating neck pain is through a strong multidisciplinary medical and holistic professionals.
- Of Chiropractic
- of Physical Therapy
- Physical Therapists
- Medical Massage Therapists
Effective physical therapy at Spine and Sport Medicine.
- Manual – hands on – Therapy
- Therapeutic Exercises
- High Tech Exercises
- High Tough Exercises
- Weight Resistance Exercises
- Postural Corrections
- Tailored Home Exercise Program
Gold Standard Pain Management
Beneficial pain management treatment methods at spine_and_sports_medicine.
- Moist Heat Application
- Ice Application
- Medical Massage
Top Notch Neck Pain Physical Therapy in NYC
Discover top notch physical therapy for your neck pain in NYC. We offer a vast array of appointment availability at a time convenient for you.
- 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Off-hours for scheduling appointments
- Selected evenings appointments throughout the work week
- Mornings or afternoons on Saturdays
Click the icon below – or – call 212.986.3888 to schedule a consultation.